bukit brown cemetery
Learn first-hand about Singapore's rich history at Bukit Brown Cemetery!
Believed to be the biggest Chinese cemetery outside China, thousands of graves are located at this tropical jungle. See beautiful stone carvings, Peranakan tiles and various architectural elements amid the sweet sound of nature.
Tours at the cemetery are run monthly by 'Brownies', a dedicated team of volunteers with a passion for sharing their knowledge of history. See the cemetery before it goes as there are plans replace the area with public housing in 2030. Brownies have helped locate several of my family graves so I love to support their tours!
Tour Date: 4pm - 6.30pm, Sunday 10 December 2017*
SEE DETAILS & BOOK YOUR TICKET HERE
Excursion Buddies! Join my mailing list for this excursion so we can meet up together at the cemetery.
- This session is led by volunteer guides. Please respect their time by arriving promptly.
- Please note there are no public toilets at the cemetery (the nearest one is a walk and several bus stops away.)
- Bringing your own water, hat, mosquito spray, and wearing long sleeved clothing and long pants is advised.
- Closed shoes are also a necessary.
- There is no concrete path and the terrain can be very rough. This tour is not suitable for disabled or elderly persons.
- Bring a few candies for energy and your camera for Instagram worthy shots!
- *Please note that this event is subject to change and the latest information will be on the Bukit Brown Events page on Peatix.
KATONG ANTIQUE HOUSE
We enjoyed this tour in 2016!