Love the look of heritage designs and want to print your own?
Learn to create your own linocut prints and be inspired by Singapore's rich heritage! Suitable for beginners through to seasoned crafters, this workshop teaches practical and low-cost ways to print by hand. Enjoy using soft-carve linoleum - much safer than that old-school brown stuff!
Leave the workshop with a colourful set of handmade prints for your own home or as gifts. Your hand-carved block can also be used for future projects - cards, gift wrap or even wallpaper! Choose from a tried-and-tested range of tile designs or bring along your own pattern.
No prior experience is necessary and older children are welcome to join. Class sizes are kept small for effective learning.
Included in this workshop:
- Creation of your own pattern or choose from selected heritage tile motifs
- Instruction from a professionally trained printmaker and artist
- A minimum of 6 prints on a variety of papers
- Student Pack with instructions and supplier information
- Skills: Motif Creation, Image Transfer, Basic Linocut Techniques & Water based Block Printing
Fee includes the use of all tools and materials. Refreshments provided for printing power!
‘I enjoyed everything, but especially Jennifer’s easy-going and relaxed style. Good number of designs to choose from and good tools were a bonus. I have recommended Jennifer’s previous workshops to colleagues and friends, and I would do so again.’ - Sarah Gleave, Singapore